Hey y'all!
The dreaded finals week is now here and I hate it! I know how stressful it can be and I wanted to share some tips on how not to be stressed!
{Know Your Schedule}
For my school they printed out a little sheet for everyone which had the whole schedule on it. We only have four class the last three days of this week and the classes are all scrambled. This also helps to know what you need to study early. Having a planner also helps to plan out the days you have your exams. I would recommend post your schedule for the day as your phones lock screen!
{Talk to Your Teachers}
This is a big deal! Asking questions is important! You want to understand as much as you can!
{Make Flash Cards}
I love making flash cards and I have a HUGE stack of them from my last year Spanish class. These are good for knowing equations, vocabulary words, etc.
{Study Early}
I can't tell you how much this has helped! Studying in advanced will help you memorize and know things you need to ask questions about. No one likes the late night study crams so don't procrasinate!
{Get Enough Sleep}
This will help reduce stress and clear your mind. Finals are stressful and you need the rest to be able to think. We all know not getting enough sleep makes us flustered and we can't think straight.
{Remove ALL Distractions}
Remove them! There is no excuse! Turn off your phone, block Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, whatever you use off of your laptop! Just remove them! One exception for me is Pandora. I love listening to music and I HATE quiet rooms. I'm not saying turn on all your music playlists with all the songs you know by heart, i'm talking about turning on classical music (I know blah!) I can't tell you though how well this helps me concentrate! I listen to "Hans Zimmer (Composers) Radio" and now that it is Christmas time I listen to the "Christmas Jazz Radio."
{Take Breaks}
You need breaks. You can't go all day just studying. I like to time myself and look at Pinterest, update my twitter and see what's going on, etc. I usually give myself 15 minuets to 30 minuets. Now if you know you don't have self control don't get online. Maybe grab a snack, listen to some music and then get back to studying.
{Keep Snacks and Drinks in Reach}
No i'm not talking about fattening chips and Coke (even though we all want those things). I like to keep some pretzles, apple slices, etc. I also FILL UP ON WATER!
{Treat Yo' Self!)
If you end up reaching your grade goal on the tests or on your report card why not! Maybe it's munching on some ice cream or going as far as getting the bag you've been saving up for!
I really hope this helped you! Good luck on your finals!
Don't forget to follow!
XOXO Alyson
{Know Your Schedule}
For my school they printed out a little sheet for everyone which had the whole schedule on it. We only have four class the last three days of this week and the classes are all scrambled. This also helps to know what you need to study early. Having a planner also helps to plan out the days you have your exams. I would recommend post your schedule for the day as your phones lock screen!
{Talk to Your Teachers}
This is a big deal! Asking questions is important! You want to understand as much as you can!
{Make Flash Cards}
I love making flash cards and I have a HUGE stack of them from my last year Spanish class. These are good for knowing equations, vocabulary words, etc.
{Study Early}
I can't tell you how much this has helped! Studying in advanced will help you memorize and know things you need to ask questions about. No one likes the late night study crams so don't procrasinate!
{Get Enough Sleep}
This will help reduce stress and clear your mind. Finals are stressful and you need the rest to be able to think. We all know not getting enough sleep makes us flustered and we can't think straight.
{Remove ALL Distractions}
Remove them! There is no excuse! Turn off your phone, block Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, whatever you use off of your laptop! Just remove them! One exception for me is Pandora. I love listening to music and I HATE quiet rooms. I'm not saying turn on all your music playlists with all the songs you know by heart, i'm talking about turning on classical music (I know blah!) I can't tell you though how well this helps me concentrate! I listen to "Hans Zimmer (Composers) Radio" and now that it is Christmas time I listen to the "Christmas Jazz Radio."
{Take Breaks}
You need breaks. You can't go all day just studying. I like to time myself and look at Pinterest, update my twitter and see what's going on, etc. I usually give myself 15 minuets to 30 minuets. Now if you know you don't have self control don't get online. Maybe grab a snack, listen to some music and then get back to studying.
{Keep Snacks and Drinks in Reach}
No i'm not talking about fattening chips and Coke (even though we all want those things). I like to keep some pretzles, apple slices, etc. I also FILL UP ON WATER!
{Treat Yo' Self!)
If you end up reaching your grade goal on the tests or on your report card why not! Maybe it's munching on some ice cream or going as far as getting the bag you've been saving up for!
I really hope this helped you! Good luck on your finals!
Don't forget to follow!
XOXO Alyson

No comments:
Post a Comment