Basic Color T- Shirt
Everyone should have basic t- shirt's in their closet. Something in simple colors like white, black, and grey. This should also be cut properly to your body shape. It shouldn't be baggy or skin tight. It should be loose enough to have breathing room, but still show the shape of your body.
Chambray Shirt
This is a complete basic in a prep's closet! This should also be like a t- shirt not too tight and not too loose. It shouldn't pull anywhere on your body, like around your chest and sides. You should have enough room to move your arms comfortably.
Oxfords (Button Ups)
This is the same as the chambray shirt.
Polo
Now I don't really have one, but this is easy to just sllip on a look nice. They don't look great on me so I can't say much about them.
Tank Tops
I wear tank tops all the time! This will save you for low cut shirts or sheer shirts. This is my most worn piece in my closet.
Pants
Flattering Jeans
There are 5 basic cuts of jeans: Bootcut, Straight Leg, Skinnies, Flare, and Boyfriend. Each one is for certain body shapes. All it takes is doing research for your body shape and finding the matching cut!
Flattering Skirt
By a flattering skirt I kinda mean finding one that fits your body shape just like the jeans, but almost all body shapes can do any cut of skirt. Having a flattering skirt to me is when you sit you should be sitting on the skirts fabric and not just your butt.
Jean and Dress Shorts
Shorts should cover your butt and be at a proper length. The style nowadays is "the shorter the better!", but it really isn't.
Shoes
Flats
Flats are a must! I live in flats once the weather gets warm! It doesn't matter what shape they are just that their cute!
Sandals
The basic sandals from Target are the best! They're cheap and cute!
Tennis Shoes
These are good to have around. Everyone should workout (I don't... but i'm starting to!) having tennis shoes are a must if you are going to!
Sperrys
Just like flats I live in these! I've worn out mine soooo bad and will probably need new ones sometime soon!
Riding Boots
I love my riding boots! I wore mine almost everyday during the summer and I got them from Target! Target has such cute ones for pretty cheap.
Accessories
Statement Necklace
Statement necklaces are so easy to dress up a normal t- shirt! You don't have to buy them from J. Crew at all! Buy some from Target or Forever 21! I've gotten most of mine from Burlington Coat Factory so I would recommend to get some from there.
Pearl/ Diamond Studs
These can definable be fake! My diamonds are, but my pearls aren't since my grandmother gave me hers. I wear both of my pearls and diamonds each day since I have two piercings.
Watch
A basic everyday watch is a must have! I normally use it for an accessory and hardly ever for actually telling time. I'm looking for a more casual watch to wear everyday.
Chambray Shirt
This is a complete basic in a prep's closet! This should also be like a t- shirt not too tight and not too loose. It shouldn't pull anywhere on your body, like around your chest and sides. You should have enough room to move your arms comfortably.
Oxfords (Button Ups)
This is the same as the chambray shirt.
Polo
Now I don't really have one, but this is easy to just sllip on a look nice. They don't look great on me so I can't say much about them.
Tank Tops
I wear tank tops all the time! This will save you for low cut shirts or sheer shirts. This is my most worn piece in my closet.
Pants
Flattering Jeans
There are 5 basic cuts of jeans: Bootcut, Straight Leg, Skinnies, Flare, and Boyfriend. Each one is for certain body shapes. All it takes is doing research for your body shape and finding the matching cut!
Flattering Skirt
By a flattering skirt I kinda mean finding one that fits your body shape just like the jeans, but almost all body shapes can do any cut of skirt. Having a flattering skirt to me is when you sit you should be sitting on the skirts fabric and not just your butt.
Jean and Dress Shorts
Shorts should cover your butt and be at a proper length. The style nowadays is "the shorter the better!", but it really isn't.
Shoes
Flats
Flats are a must! I live in flats once the weather gets warm! It doesn't matter what shape they are just that their cute!
Sandals
The basic sandals from Target are the best! They're cheap and cute!
Tennis Shoes
These are good to have around. Everyone should workout (I don't... but i'm starting to!) having tennis shoes are a must if you are going to!
Sperrys
Just like flats I live in these! I've worn out mine soooo bad and will probably need new ones sometime soon!
Riding Boots
I love my riding boots! I wore mine almost everyday during the summer and I got them from Target! Target has such cute ones for pretty cheap.
Accessories
Statement Necklace
Statement necklaces are so easy to dress up a normal t- shirt! You don't have to buy them from J. Crew at all! Buy some from Target or Forever 21! I've gotten most of mine from Burlington Coat Factory so I would recommend to get some from there.
Pearl/ Diamond Studs
These can definable be fake! My diamonds are, but my pearls aren't since my grandmother gave me hers. I wear both of my pearls and diamonds each day since I have two piercings.
Watch
A basic everyday watch is a must have! I normally use it for an accessory and hardly ever for actually telling time. I'm looking for a more casual watch to wear everyday.

No comments:
Post a Comment