Saturday, February 7, 2015

How to Get Things Done and Stop Procrastinating

Sadly it's the time of the school year where everyone wants it to be summer and no one wants to do any work. At least I feel that way! 
I'm normally not the person to procrastinate. Once my teacher assigns a project I start doing it and get it done a couple of days or a week in advance (mostly depend son when they inform us about it). I hate having things hang over my head for a long period of time! I can tell you now though that, that is not the case.
 I haven't wanted to do my class work or study for tests. I've wanted to play on my phone all day, catch up with friends, and sleep. You can say I have the normal and horrible case of "being a teenager" but I'm not normally like this! 


{Keep short term and long term goals for yourself}
I have a lot of goals for myself. Sometimes I don't even notice they are goals. The goals I am talking about though are supposed to be realistic. 
I have an unrealistic goal (it's more like a dream that I know is unrealistic) of going to Harvard. I would love to go there but I know a career I'm interested in doesn't really have anything to do with Harvard and the position  I am at now in my life I wouldn't really be able to qualify. I've always been an A and B student and I am in AP classes but not Harvard material. Some of y'all might think I'm discouraging myself but I'm kinda just interested in the name. (I know it's so vain lol)
As of short term goals I'm taking about things like getting all A's on your report card. If finals are close you can set a goal of getting a high A on one in a class. Maybe it's not even academic. Maybe you want to get tin shape or eat healthier. It all depends on you.


{Set a schedule for when you need to have something finished}

This is helpful for procrastination. I love setting time limits for myself and aiming to get it done by then. But don't have something unrealistic in mind. You'll know when  it unrealistic because it will really start stressing you out. One of mine is to get an art project for a competition done by Thursday or Friday even better is Wednesday. This is realistic for me because I have so little left to do. You don't want to put stress on yourself you just want to get things done in a reasonable amount of time.

{Get an agenda}
I can't tell you how much my agenda means to me. I love planning and getting things done and having my schedule laid out. I like to know what's up ahead and coming so I know what I need to do and how to adapt to it. I'm not a person who likes change so have schedules in mind and being able to keep them really helps to not stress me out. A lot of kids my age say they can't keep up with agendas. I'm probably keeping up with mine because I become committed to ridiculous things like that. It's was also a little pricey and I want to get my money's worth out of it even though I have and I've only had it for 5 months.

{Make lists}
Lists are my favorite things. I love know what I need to a complies in a day. I can become very flustered and forgetful when my day is busy (but who isn't!) Lists are just so helpful go have things written down to get done! I can even have lists for lists sometimes! Check out my "To Do List" post on Wednesday. I have everything there about to do lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment